How To Prevent Dings
Door dings are a common occurrence in Roanoke but there are several steps you can take to prevent them.
- Don’t park near other cars – Sometimes this is unavoidable but if you’re serious about protecting your car from dings then you should always try to give yourself ample space to park.
- Be cautious of passengers – Many passengers, especially children, hop out of their car without a care in the world. Make sure your passenger know to be careful when opening car doors.
- Use covered parking – Hail and other foreign objects can damage your car from all sorts of places. It’s best to stay on the safe side and use covered parking when it’s available.
- Cover your own vehicle – Quality vehicle covers aren’t very expensive or difficult to come by. Options can range from budget prices of $50 to heavy duty $500 covers.
- Get comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive coverage is the best thing you can do for the long term safety of your car. It covers damages that have no real liability. Additionally, PDR is the preferred repair method of most Roanoke insurance firms so you can make claims on dents and dings.
Roanoke Ding Repair
In the event that your car does get dinged then the best repair option is paintless dent removal. PDR is the only way you can maintain your vehicle’s value without breaking the bank or spending weeks in a rental car.
Paintless dent repair is a non-invasive method that totally removes door dings without a trace. The trick is to not over-complicate the process. PDR only requires the skills and talent of the technician at work, so any extra steps that body shops use such as sanding, filling, and repainting are totally omitted. This cuts down on time as you would expect however, it also saves a ton in material and labor costs. Many body shops use these steps regardless of the damage. At Dent Crafters you are only charged for the repairs and no other superfluous costs. Call (540)-819-1143 today for the best Roanoke ding repair.